Felt Alive Needle Felting Workshops
on DVD or Watch Online
These little fairies came to life in my new 2017 doll making video. You'll learn the art of making fully jointed bodies (without wire armatures) that bend and flex nearly like you and I! The techniques for making these sweet little faces are magical. From start to finish and every step in between. No high speed sequences that leave you guessing, just 9 hours of relaxing needle felting instructions - straight from my Felting Pad!
Join me at my felting pad and experience the simple joy of sculpting with wool. Learn to needle felt these sweet little faces - needle felted eyes and teeth are especially magical. You'll learn the process of making fully jointed needle felted bodies that flex and bend with a realistic range of motion. Finally, you'll learn how to needle felt her fairy dress, slippers, wings and hair! No sewing, no stuffing, no painting and no wire armatures. It just takes wool and a felting needle!
These little fairies are about 10" long and weigh less than two ounces. They are fully jointed (no wire armature needed!) and flex and move like they are alive!
Felt Alive Needle Felted Dolls
This is my Original Needle Felted Doll Making Tutorial that's helped countless needle felters get started on their own needle felting journeys. 10 hours of step by step instruction so you can learn the magic of bringing wool to life.
You get a bird's eye view of my felting pad, no straining to see from across the room, no peeking over shoulders or feeling lost as the class moves along before you are ready. With me as your own personal tutor that you can pause and rewind anytime.
Needle Felting bodies is fun and easy Needle Felted Dolls Workshop Features:
- Needle felt the core structure using core wool batting
- Connect the parts create a strong and flexible needle felted body.
- Fun techniques to make needle felted hands and feet that add so much life to your character.
- Adding body contours using amazing yet simple techniques for creating a skin or flesh layer that rolls and stretches much like our own skin.
- Learn techniques for needle felted shoes and clothing options using batting and prefelt.
- Over 4 hours on faces will show you so many tricks for creating expression
- Needle felted eyes and teeth are their own special magic!
- Blush and Shading is nearly like painting with wool
- Several options for hair including straight and curly
- Learn how to finish your project by filling in any holes left by the needles and taming down wool fuzzies.
Because learning how is always easier when you use quality materials and supplies, we've put together a fabulous kit with everything you need to get started on your needle felting adventure! This Kit includes Felt Alive Needle Felting Wool and our color-coded felting needles to make it super easy for you to follow along.
What's in the Kit??
- 2 oz Core Wool
- 2 oz Felt Alive Needle Felting Wool Flesh Tone
- 2 oz Felt Alive Needle Felting Wool (4 colors)
- 2 10x10" Sheet Merino Prefelt
- Detail Kit
- wool for hair (2) 16" length roving
- Half-Size Felting Pad
- Felting Needle 6 Pack
Felt Alive 'Droits'
Needle Felted Forest Creatures
Felt Alive 'Droits' is available in the following formats:
3 Disc Set - $39.95
Included with a subscription to The Needle Felters Workshop $39.95
Includes Guide to Resources and Supplies